Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect personal information from you to provide an efficient, meaningful and customized experience for you on Site.
We may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact Information such as name, email address, mailing address and phone number
- Billing Information such as credit card number and billing address
- Unique Identifiers such as user name, account number and password
- Preferences Information such as product wish lists, order history, marketing preferences, and reminder and notification preferences
- Survey responses such as weight, if you participate in one of our surveys
- Message text, if you talk to one of our chat bots
As is true of most websites, we automatically gather information about your computer such as your IP address, time and date of visit, browser type, referring/exit pages and operating system. We may log this information for system administration, order verification, internal marketing and system troubleshooting purposes.
We use this information to:
- Fulfill your order
- Send you an order confirmation
- Recommend products you may be interested in purchasing
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send you reminders about your habits
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Respond to customer service requests
- Administer your account
- Send you a newsletter
- Send you marketing communications
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Improve our Site and marketing efforts
- Conduct research and analysis
- Display content based upon your interests
To review and update your personal information to ensure it is accurate, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties, and we do not authorize the collection of our members' or visitors' personally identifiable information by any third parties for the third parties' use. We may provide your personal information to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities such as charging your order, shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- As required by law such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process;
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request; or
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We may share non-personal information (such as the number of daily visitors to a particular web page or the size of an order placed on a certain date) with third parties such as advertising partners. This information does not directly personally identify you or any user.
Third Party Websites
Social Networking Sites
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails or contacting us at email@example.com. You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account or by sending an e-mail to us at the e-mail address set forth above. You may request deletion of your personal information by us, and we will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request, but please note that we may be required to keep such information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case we will comply with your deletion request only after we have fulfilled such requirements). When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives. We may also retain your information for fraud or similar purposes.
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Our Site contains electronic images known as web beacons (sometimes called single-pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our Site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We use a third party to gather information about how you and others use our Site. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how our website is used.
Targeted Advertising (also known as online behavioral advertising) uses information collected on an individual's web browsing behavior such as the pages they have visited or the searches they have made. Third parties collect this information by placing or accessing cookies in your browser when you visit this, or other, websites. If you would like to learn more about the third party advertisers that may be aware of the fact that you visit this website, and to understand your choices about having such advertisers' cookies turned off, please visit www.networkadvertising.org.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our Site, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third-Party Payment Processing
Online payments made through our Site are handled by our third-party payment services provider. We do not process, record or maintain your credit card or bank account information. We will share transaction data with our payment services providers only to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing your payments, and dealing with complaints and queries relating to such payments and refunds. If you have any questions about payments or would like to dispute a charge, you can contact us at email@example.com
A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 13. If a child under 13 submits personal information to us and we learn that the personal information is the information of a child under 13, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Data from a child under 13, please contact us at <firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nurished Benefit Co. is not an entity that is covered by HIPAA. The HIPAA privacy rules apply to health plans, health care clearinghouses, to any health care provider who transmits health information in electronic form in connection with transactions for which the Secretary of HHS has adopted standards under HIPAA (the “covered entities”) and their service providers (“business associates”). This means that the information that you provide to us is not protected by the HIPAA privacy rules and regulations.
Your California Privacy Rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
If you are an individual who is a resident of California (a California “consumer”), you have the following rights under the California Consumer Privacy Act, which went into effect on January 1, 2020, with respect to your “personal information” (as defined by CCPA):
- The categories of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of sources from which the personal information is collected
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information
- The categories of third parties with which we share personal information
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- The categories of personal information about you that we disclosed for a business purpose
- If we sell your personal information (to our knowledge, we do not sell personal information of California consumers – see below in this section under the heading “Disclosure of Personal Information”):
- The categories of personal information that we sold about you
- The categories of third parties to which your personal information was sold, by category or categories of personal information for each category of third parties to which the personal information was sold
- The business or commercial purpose for selling personal information
- Categories of personal information we collect
- Specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you
- Categories of sources from which we collect personal information
- Denying goods or services to you
- Charging you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
Methods of Submitting Requests
If you are a California consumer, you may submit requests to exercise your “right to know” or your “right to delete” via either of the following methods:
CCPA Personal Information
We collect (and during the last 12 months have collected) the following categories of personal information, from the following categories of sources, and for the following business or commercial purposes:
Categories of Personal Information
Categories of Sources
Identifiers (such as a real name, postal address, email address, an online identifier, or an internet protocol address)
For our operational and commercial purposes, including to manage, perform, and administer our contracts and relationships with consumers,to contact consumers, and/or to send information (including marketing information about our products) to consumers, and to engage in tailored advertising
Commercial information (such as records of the products a consumer purchased)
We receive such information directly from consumers (based on the purchase activities of those consumers on our Website) and/or from third-party vendors (such third-party data providers
For our operational and commercial purposes, including to manage, perform, and administer our contracts and relationships with consumers, to engage in tailored advertising, and to manage our supply chain (including with respect to buying decisions)
Internet or other electronic network activity information (such as browsing history, search history, and information regarding interactions with our Website and our advertising)
For our operational and commercial purposes, including to engage in tailored advertising and to manage our supply chain (including with respect to buying decisions)
We receive such information directly from consumers (such as when they complete a purchase on our Website) or from third-party vendors (such as third-party data providers)
For our operational and commercial purposes, including to manage, perform, and administer our contracts and relationships with consumers,to contact consumers and/or to send information (including marketing information about our products) to consumers
Inferences (drawn from any of the other categories of personal information of the information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting, for example, aconsumer’s product preferences)
We receive such information from third-party vendors, including vendors that perform analytics and remarketing services for us
For our operational and commercial purposes, including to engage in tailored advertising
Disclosure of Personal Information
We disclose (and during the last 12 months have disclosed) each of the above categories of personal information for a business purpose with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf, including fulfillment, shipping, and handling providers, payment service providers, data analytics providers, technology service providers, and advertising and marketing service providers and platforms. These services may include fulfilling orders, processing credit card payments, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting our Website functionality and supporting other features offered through our Website, and providing advertising and marketing services (including delivering tailored advertising and email marketing campaigns, and analyzing and improving the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing).
To our knowledge, we do not sell personal information of California consumers. Prior to January 1, 2020 (including during the 12 months prior to January 1, 2020), we shared the personal information (in particular, identifiers, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, and geolocation data) of California consumers with third-party data resellers in connection with our use of their data cooperative and data provision, enrichment, verification, and analytics services, but we ceased that sharing practice with respect to California consumersprior to January 1, 2020.
Your California Privacy Rights under “Shine the Light”
For more information, please email us at email@example.com with “California Shine the Light Privacy Request” in the subject line, and your full name, email address, postal address and specific services you have used in the body of your email.
Your Data Protection Rights Under the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are in the EEA and certain requirements are fulfilled, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete your personal data. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your personal data rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data if we have no legitimate reasons to do so, and to direct marketing.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data (i.e., we would need to secure and retain the personal data for your benefit but not otherwise use it).
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your personal data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format (or have this transferred to a third party).
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Nurished relied on your consent to process your personal data.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach a data protection authority, and would welcome you directing an inquiry first to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to Third-Party Websites and Third Party Features
- Liking, Sharing, and Logging-In. We may embed a pixel or SDK on our Website that allows you to “like” or “share” content on, or log-in to your Nurished account through, third-party services, including social networks such as Facebook. If you choose to engage with such a third-party service through our Website, we may collect any information you have authorized the third-party service to share with us (such as your user ID, billing information, public profile information, email address, birthday, friends list, and other account and profile data). Likewise, if you choose to engage with such a third-party service through our Website or visit our Website while logged in to that third-party service on your device or through our Website, the third-party may receive information about your activities on our Website and be able to associate that information with information the third-party already has about you.
Our Website is not intended for children under the age of 13.
We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from children without verification of parental consent, we will take steps to remove that personal information from our servers.
To Contact Us
LAST UPDATED: JANUARY 1, 2020
A Note to Users Outside of the United States